PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a Type Rating with a faa private licence and then getting ATP, Can I fly?
Old 31st Dec 2012, 12:32
Victo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 500above,
Yes, all looks like I can only be given a PPL in exchange of my CPL. So the way you say would be the easier, thank you for the steps, they are very useful to me. But now that it looks that I meet the cross country requirements, the only thing between me and the ATP are approx 70h night flying, and 25 of those hours can be changed against 25 full stop landings. So I'm wondering if it's not going to be cheaper and quicker to buy those hours in the USA. Even more as it seems that the FAA allows two pilots to log the flight hour as pic in single pilot planes. So if a found another "timebuilder", paying 40 hours on a C152 I can go direct for the ATP. Because on my present job I nearly never fly night time so I can be 5 years to log those 70h. Well, I have to read carefully all the details for loging night time for the ATP purpose.
Returning to the crosscountry time, can anyone tell me how do you demonstrate a flight has been cross country without landing in another airport? Logging it as "crosscountry" is enough?
And with an ATP, for working outside of the USA would I also need a FCC commercial radio licence? Or this is only for the Commercial?