PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2012, 19:08
4thright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimf, I agree. Looking at whats going on near me on the South Coast and the rubbish that gets reported we can only imagine the drivel that will be forthcoming.

No doubt some MPs will chip in as well around the country, and as usual completely miss the truth for the sake of a few goody points on their "vote for me" credentials.

All that matters for basing other than they have suitable infrastructure to cuddle the helos and personnel is that they are spread across the country to provide an equally responsive service to any UK citizen anywhere. Within reason and sensible cost of course and perhaps a bit of sensible bias where we know there will be quite a call on the service. Sorry Crab but there has to be a cash limit in any era and many taxpayers if they were ever really to take an interest might ask why they are already paying so much for loads of helos etc that dont do much for 90% of the time.

Unfortunately, SAR helos carry similar emotional baggage to the ever so precious NHS and local hospital closures or service changes although only to those near where they are based.
IMO the media so often miss the point and the media only throw fuel onto the fires rather than try a bit of objective analysis and proper journalistic reporting. So much ill informed drivel gets written about the impact of any change whatever it might be. No doubt we will even read of wasting money on "dangerous US choppers" instead of the "trusty (heavily unserviceable and out of date) Prince William Sea King".

CHC can afford tinsel? - so thats where the 20% goes then!

Ah Well - back to the supper

Last edited by 4thright; 30th Dec 2012 at 19:11.