PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe is (airbus) fly by wire? Airbus A330/340 and A320 family emergency AD
Old 29th Dec 2012, 23:42
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're a piece of work, Lyman. Aside from a heartfelt suggestion to do your homework - and you can start here:

Gordon Corps - overview

Guardian article reporting his passing, with mini-bio (quoted in an email from my late professor)

Old Flight article on the A320 and Captain Corps' involvement

Another old Flight article

...a refutation - specifically that there is not and never was any such thing as "the Ziegler system" (he was effectively merely a figurehead on the A320 project) and the explanation that "Corps" is a noun that refers to a group of people, usually military in nature - at this point I have nothing more to say to you. So many posts of yours seem to be deliberately phrased to elicit an extreme response and ignore information that I know you've been privy to in the past that I can no longer trust anything you say.

To the rest of you - I sincerely request you reflect a little harder and longer before repeating things that are demonstrably untrue about the Airbus system - no matter what you personally may think of it - if only out of respect for one of your own, who has tragically been largely forgotten in the maelstrom of bitterness and politics regarding Airbus, and did the best job he could with the tools and team he had to make our lives as trouble-free and safe as possible.

[EDIT : Note also that the SNPL "Special COMETEC" dates from September and as yet we have heard no further word on the matter.]

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 30th Dec 2012 at 00:27.