PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe is (airbus) fly by wire? Airbus A330/340 and A320 family emergency AD
Old 29th Dec 2012, 23:26
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea who Monsieur Corps is. Other than having an unfortunate surname, I understand he worked for Airbus in the development of the Ziegler system. I found this from one of your posts on another thread, in reference to this unfortunately now deceased pilot.

"but also because he had a knack of explaining and proving the systems in public in a way that pilots could get behind (and as DP Davies' successor at the ARB before he joined Airbus, Corps had the "old-school" clout to make people listen)."

Sorry, that makes the gentleman a salesman. That he believed in it is not the question. He was paid.

The standard in business is to avoid "the appearance of impropriety". Objectivity is hampered by money. Assumptions mean nothing.

On the list the Pilots are demanding are certainly items that were approved by your paragon. Being fallible is human, and no reason for lack of respect. However, there is no shame in calling to question said fallibility.

Shame on me? You sure you're not a Lawyer?