PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is an approach complete?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 22:17
italia458

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aterpster...

In the U.S. the source is the Form 8260-3 or -5, not some entity's approach chart. You can see the source for each of these RNAP IAPs at:

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flig...dbr&nasrId=BMQ

Don't click on to the chart, rather click to the source. The textual missed approach data is on the right hand side. Note no charting instructions for a holding pattern for the Runway 19 IAP and the text agrees with that. Chances of a combined typo is about zero.
That doesn't prove that it's a typo! What it does prove is that whoever makes charts from the source form is absolutely FANTASTIC at copying and ensuring whatever is on the source form gets onto the final approach plate.

They really should be teaching debating, and logic and reasoning courses in high school these days.

A discussion such as this one works a lot better without unwarranted sarcasm.

It is 17.6 n.m. from the Runway 19 threshold to AMUSE. If I can't obtain further clearance prior to reaching AMUSE I have a problem.
Yes, that problem is a communications failure. Please continue to explain what you'd do now.

The thing is, this isn't a debate. It's clear that you're unfamiliar with the proper procedures.

Also, I could easily find an approach plate that has a MAHP more than 17.6NM from the runway AND also states "and hold" in the missed approach instructions. That would blow your argument away.