PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330/A340 EAD (AoA PROBES)
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 20:51
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captplaystation
I think, as a teenager , I saw straight through the Bernard Zeigler bullsh1t. . .

Don't, and never will, trust them.
It was a major tragedy that Gordon Corps (who was the real engineering pilot behind Airbus FBW) died when he did, not only because he was the public counterbalance to BZ's flights of fancy, but also because he had a knack of explaining and proving the systems in public in a way that pilots could get behind (and as DP Davies' successor at the ARB before he joined Airbus, Corps had the "old-school" clout to make people listen).

Whenever I am in one, I am just that few () % points less comfortable than I would be in a more "conventional" aircraft &, you know what, I can spend all day arguing my point of view to anyone calling me a luddite, and I think I may on most occasions win the argument.
I'd never go so far as to call you or anyone else a Luddite for what you believe - it's a perfectly rational position and unfortunately with the loss of Capt. Corps the Airbus message did get somewhat muddled in the late '80s, so an opportunity to reassure you and others who are of this position was sadly lost.