PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 29th Dec 2012, 16:17
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How don't u understand level playing field? If the rules are equal for all companies to take more fuel then it's a level playing field in terms of competition.

You seem to just be talking about what is legal and what is not BOAC. I'm talking about what is safe in todays busy european airspace. Maybe the legalities regarding fuel reserves are a bit outdated.
There is NO requirement in aviation to carry any 'holding' fuel if you are not going to hold. Simple!
Maybe holding fuel should be dictated even if you are not going to hold.

does it work? If not, you need to take extra and annotate the plog accordingly. If it does, either stop complaining or leave for another airline that does.
That would actually be pressuring now wouldn't it? I can luckily take what I want without fear of represailles or a manager asking me if the system doesn't work or if I would like to seek employment elsewhere...

Does it work! Do I get direct routings throughout europe, yes! I can't answer if it works, because daily routings do not reflect planned routings.
But what I can see is that the planned alternate routes for ryanair did not work on that day.

But at least we know from which direction you are coming BOAC, thanks for making it clear.

Last edited by 737Jock; 29th Dec 2012 at 16:20.