PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 11:28
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't like a Jet2 base in Birmingham for a couple of reasons:
- It would harm what they have successfully built up at East Midlands in recent years in which they are very pleased with the performance of and in fact since the new base opened in 2010, it has had another aircraft added to it every summer (now 4 for 2013).
- Monarch have recently expanded Birmingham and Jet2 is simply not needed as the two airlines are very comparible and quite simply quite similar in what they offer. Jet2 wouldn't bring anything new to Birmingham and would be surprised if they wanted them as they would only upset Monarch as well as their own base at East Midlands Airport.

The airlines never stop surprising us though so who knows? Monarch have started from Jet2 airports (East Midlands and Leeds/Bradford) so maybe Jet2 will start going into Monarch airports but I really wouldn't like to see Jet2 in Birmingham because as I say, it would bring nothing new and would just cause harm elsewhere. I'd prefer a London base, preferably Stansted after it's sold off as only Ryanair serves a lot of the key routes like Alicante and Barcelona next year, but what is the liklihood of them going to London airports???