PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Takeoff
Thread: CTC Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 09:13
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem. Your in the same situation like me, I am also aiming to complete the training within the next 4-6 months.

The things I mentioned above did put me off also. They can't be doing that bad if there is a massive queue of people at the door waiting to do the course. That's ok if you're prepared to wait more than a year.

I am personally still questioning the holding pool scenario, haven't decided if I will pursue that or not, seeing as people are sitting in it for up to 2 yrs, but can change with supply and demand, so could be longer......

CTC mentioned to me after CPL/IR training I would have to sit the AQC/JOC test, even if I did prior training with them. I guess it's a way they sort best of the best. You may be able to do this test before the CPL/IR, you would have to ask them.

This situation reminds me of Oxford a bit. You pay much more to do the course and if you look at their graduate stats, most have gone to Ryanair, where you pay another £30,000 for the TR.

We all need an open wallet but also need to see beyond the glossy brochures and reading the finer details.

The other important point I've just recalled, as long as you meet CTC STANDARDS throughout your training and the requirements for the AQC, then you can be put forward. ... so it's based upon many factors, which in some ways are in your control and not.

AQC requirements here: ATP Scheme | Commercial Pilot Training | Selection Process | CTC Wings

I would personally try to do it cheaper, in the time scales I want, try to get that first time pass on the CPL/IR and then lead it off from there.

If you don't get a first time pass, then well at least you haven't just spent £8000 extra + re-take fees e.g. £2000!

Last edited by Cirrus_Clouds; 29th Dec 2012 at 09:51.