PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sick Pax
Thread: Sick Pax
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 05:26
tismee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick Pax

Howdy,
I took a couple of friends flying a few days ago. We hired the trusty 172 on a perfect VFR afternoon and set off for what I had planned to be about an hours flight over the beautiful south Australian Outback.Everything was going great , everyone in high spirits , cameras clicking , pointing and looking , loving it . That was until about 10 minutes into the flight. I noticed that everyone was very quiet all of a sudden, I looked around and saw that both pax had turned a ghost like shade of white , and both were reaching for the sick bags.
I continued on hoping they would get over it, and as soon as we hit some nice clear air over the coast they did get over it. Not for long though,just as we were heading back to the airfield and just as I was turning onto base it started, ......synchronised vomiting . We continued to land uneventfully with 2 extra bagful s , and 2 pax very happy to have their feet back on the ground !

It is an extra thing to think of when you have sick pax , even a distraction.
If anyone can share any advice or tips to help prevent this (other than leaving not carrying pax) then I'd love to hear.
Has any pilots got motion sick before?