PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forum security...freedom of speech!
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 02:49
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that don't know.....when posting on forums....especially in the light of recent 'legal' issues....one is best to use what is called a VPN or Proxy server.

I use a UK one called VPNUK. This is so that I can retain true 'freedom of speech' and not be traceable by Internet IP address.

Anonymity is somewhat important, but at the same time each poster should be responsible.
Don't say anything you wouldn't say in public, don't say anything you wouldn't assume personaly, proxy or not.
Sometimes people uses JB as a gym: to show they anger they have against somebody/some country/some culture/race (even gypsies!) or other instead of discussing like civilized people.
Some of my friends/or simply people I know (aviation world is small for an expat who has travelled) from different countries are on pprune (but they only read JB, they don't really post here, JB) and they know who I am.
Always think you are in a public area, it is okay to defend what you believe in, but always be civilized.
Total anonymity doesn't exist, even on internet. An IP address is not the only way to identify you. The possibility to identify you shouldn't be an issue, otherwise it would mean what you write here is not something you can assume in front of the world.