PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cancelling long-service award concessions.....
Old 28th Dec 2012, 22:51
Bond'll Do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oops 4468...one codicil I forgot to mention....

Again 4468, one legal codicil that I forgot to mention relating to your kind reply was that current contracts do, unproven legally, clearly state a 'discretionary' aspect to long-service 'award' benefits. Contracts such as mine do not.

I have no intention of taking up a legal battle with B.A., as I have better uses of my money/savings/time. I would probably 'win' my case legally and get a small payout after legal fees....however....I have no time for that.

I just wanted to know what was going on and I have found out sufficient information for my 'issue' as stated.

Yep, in fact I just got a Finnair deal for 2 to the Far East for £1,500 a head in 'J' and can not 'worry' about supposed 'firm' B.A. Retirement Annual Award issues of onload, get to use the lounges et al., sure you know where I'm coming from, especially as the 'taxes/surcharges' on the B.A. 'award' currently amount to over £1,000 on that route on the pretense of 'F', more likely 'J' and I'm not exactly over the moon on the current B.A. offerings/product in either classes....heheh.

Go well!