PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a Type Rating with a faa private licence and then getting ATP, Can I fly?
Old 28th Dec 2012, 22:23
Victo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks again 500above.
It would be my first jet, well I did a B757 type rating some years ago but never flew on type due to a change of course in my career for family reasons... only the base training time, 45 minutes... Actually, i do not still have the american PPL nor the MultiEngine nor the Instruments rating. I was making a supposition because I'm trying to find the faster way to finish with the type rating inscribed on my ATP licence. I'm still wayting for the verification letter to arrive, I sent it approx 2 months ago.
So my plan is going to the USA, getting the private licence converted, passing the Instrument foreign pilot test. The multi engine is the big problem as I need it for the Type rating course as it is a twin engined jet. The thing is someone told me that I will get the multi engine on my FAA PPL because I have it on my European CPL licence. Well, what they've really said me is that the FAA will release me a temporary multi CPL. I'm receiving some contradictory information from different training centres, that's why I'm trying to find some light here in Pprune.
I'm starting to see the light... If I can get converted to a FAA PPL with the Multiengine rating my JAA CPL Multiengine licence, I will only have to pass the Instrument foreign pilot test to be ready for the type rating course. If the multiengine is not converted on my FAA PLL licence, I will have to do all the training to get the multiengine rating and this will delay me. The problem as I said is that the Type rating course is scheduled for february, and I'm affraid of not being able to be ready on time. And this would be, at last, my chance of flying a jet after nearly 8 years of flying propeller...

Thank you again for all!