PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cancelling long-service award concessions.....
Old 28th Dec 2012, 21:13
Bond'll Do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Genuine incident.....

I seem to have stirred up a 'hornets nest' of some people doubting my facts and assertion on this loss of concessions.

I have taken this matter up the chain of Management to the top and unless I take legal action, I am quite simply without my long-service concessions.

My reference to 'nazi' was said with 'shadenfreude'....perhaps there are too many cultural differences with folks taking that too seriously perhaps?

However, when one has no right of appeal, such as in my case taken up to B.A. C.E.O. level, this matter just stinks quite frankly.

I luckily have the wherewithal to pay for commercial J tickets on other airlines. I just wanted to use what as I see as a well-earned annual 'retirement' concession once annually with 'firm' onload priority...and done with research into 'loads' etc., My interest was to see if this had happened to others.

Many thanks to those others who have e-mailed me privately. It seems to me somewhat sad that perhaps there is a very strong culture of 'fear' from current management in what some people think (via PR perhaps?) of as a 'good' company to work for. It certainly was pretty good in my days there, with 'sensibility' ruling the day most often.

I can see no logic whatsoever in removing my concessions, as I genuinely hold Gold (or equiv.) top-tier membership of One World, Star and Skyteam alliances. I'm just left with a sour taste in my mouth from B.A. for putting in a frugal £200 claim (minus the £50 payment at the airport) for loss of luggage for 4 days.

If anyone doubts my case, they can contact Mrs. C. Da Cunha who is head of B.A. legal services (Board Member). De facto.