PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free PT6A Training Material
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2012, 20:29
MX Trainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free PT6A Training Material - download site update

I have been following several topics the last while and have decided that there is so much mis-information about this engine that I thought I would put together some documents to help with both maintenance and flight peoples - and those armchair pundits that post total rubbish regarding the engine operation.

My friends told me I should sell this info - but I know how that works - In Canada I make 1 sale - and from then on it gets "Shared". In the US - it just gets hacked. Overseas - it gets a little politer hacking - is "Politer" actually a word??

So in the spirit of things I have decided the quickest way to get this stuff out would be to use the Creative Commons approach - if you don't know what that is then Google is your friend.

The link below is to my website and will open showing 3 documents - they are all free for the downloading. They are all PDF documents so all you need is the Acrobat Reader to access them.

They are all based on the small / medium engine series of the PT6 - so up to about the 40 series.

One is on the operation of the Bendix FCU - I have literally built the FCU on paper.

Another one is on rigging the engine.

The third one is a descriptive set of notes on how the engine control system operates.

These might help with understanding and maintaining the engine

- but remember

These are Not OFFICIAL PUBLICATIONS and are FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY

Download them - share them - give them away to your favorite friends - I have relinquished all control of the documents so you can use them in your own training department - or self study - or just to make your computer look smart when someone drops by to see what you are doing.

I had a lot of fun developing these - and after 40 years in the aviation maintenance and maintenance training business I thought it was time to give something back. It's a bit late for Christmas - but here is a present from me to you.

File Catalog - FreeBee

Best wishes for a great and accident free 2013!!

Last edited by MX Trainer; 10th Jun 2013 at 19:18. Reason: Udated download link