PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2012, 17:43
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look,

Here is the where I come down on this one. I personally know people who were made redundant earlier this week and also was posting what I had heard from people who I consider reliable. It is hard for them, will be hard to see friends leave Bahrain, and even I don't know what my long-term security is in this airline.

I wonder about people who get upset with rumours they read on a website which describes itself as a "rumour forum." If you want "official news", read Hello Gulf Air, or wait for the next pilot meeting, memo, or e-mail.

I left this forum a few years ago because I couldn't waste my time reading the bilge the usual suspects did. A few days ago I posted information which I considered accuate and of interest. More importantly, the intention was to be helpful. That is why I posted links to two companies nearby which are looking for Embraer pilots.

Whatever happens at Gulf Air on the weeks and months ahead, I hope that everybody ends up on their own two feet and I think that other companies will be happy to end up with the quality people we have here. Having been through a situation like this myself, I know it is stressful and I always appreciated knowing what was known at the time and what my options were.

Instead I have gotten some emotional and slightly nasty PM's, apparently from colleagues who are distressed by what I wrote. I reget causing that distress, it certainly is not my intent.

I think I will be taking an indefinate break from this forum. These are difficult times at Gulf Air and I hope everybody prospers.

Ma'a salaama.