PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 28th Dec 2012, 15:33
Whip Whitaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few pilots are in a position to resist a determined and dictatorial management.
Standing on principles is fine and dandy if you have plenty of money, no
mortgage, no family to feed and really don't care if you cannot get another
flying job.

I have seen quite a few pilots put up with stuff that goes a lot further than fuel management, management getting involved with "tech" issues, loading, FTL's etc. In an environment where there is no protection from unions, no seniority, moving of fleets based on "company needs and ability" a management as described above will have a field day if they wish to get "involved". Anybody believing that this is not the case is naive at best.

Having said that, it seems that people are loosing self respect and a willingness to maintain a certain amount of dignity. In the same Dutch newspaper that the orginal poster is refering to, it mentions a huge shortage of technical educated people. There are other options out there.

Am I now supposed to feel sorry for crews that sold there souls to the devil? Or was there no way that they could see any of this coming?

What did these guys and girls expect, that there was going to be an end to all kinds of mistreatment and the company goal to safe money in every way they can?

I just read a post, "Finnair do a Norwegian", where do you think these companies come up with the ideas? Might it be possible that a certain carrier has done all the homework for them?

The Dutch are not going to give these guys the sucker punch they deserve, they will have some tea and biscuits (koekjes) and move on.

You guys made your bed and now have to sleep in it, and a lot more people will sleep in the same fashion before all this is over.

Last edited by Whip Whitaker; 29th Dec 2012 at 01:20.