PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyable weather in each month
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2012, 14:49
dont overfil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tables of flyable days are interesting but I suppose we should consider the numbers flexible. As has already been pointed out we all have different weather limits.

It would be very interesting to see the exercise done at different locations. (No it's OK Geekyflyer. You've got studying to do.) When I read about people in England suffering repeated weather cancellations, the East of Scotland must rival Florida by comparison. Either that or there are a bigger proportion of wimpy instructors in England. I have noticed the last couple of years the flying weather has been best in spring and autumn.

there are some serious considerations of dosh and plane availability to consider when talking about IFR in the UK.
If you want any sort of utility from your licence in the UK an IMC/IR is essential. It changes the way you plan and fly for ever, even when VFR. Joining a group with a capable aircraft is probably better than hiring. No minimum daily hours.

The proliferation of microlight types has meant the PPLs qualified to fly IMC are reducing in number. This has got to be a backward step.

darkroomscource does what I have done/do. Trouble is, I do it in bed so seldom get much further than pre start checks

D.O.