PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a Type Rating with a faa private licence and then getting ATP, Can I fly?
Old 28th Dec 2012, 13:52
Victo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello 500Above, thank you very much for your message. So, if I understand correctly, if I do the full ATP check ride on the next recurrent training, the Type Rating I had obtained with my private licence will allow me to fly commercially the plane. That's ok for me. I will not fly the plane with the private licence, I just will pass the rating which is already scheduled, return to Europe and keep on flying with my european CPL in my company until I meet the FAA ATP flight hours requirements, and then, with the ATP in my hands, start flying the aircraft. As far as I know the plane is not multi-pilot certified, I do not know the exact model but it's being flown for a private owner in Africa,with only one pilot. They told me I would have to fly 50h for insurance with another pilot before flying alone, that's all.

You tell me: " Do a CPL check ride with the T/R", can this be done? I contacted a training center in USA and they told me I couldn't. And if possible and I did it, what happens with the Instruments Rating? Because as far as I know the ATP includes the Instruments Rating, but not the commercial.
Thank you very much and excuse me if I'm not always clear, it's not always easy to understand how things work in FAA regulation for a European pilot, a lot of different things!