PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a Type Rating with a faa private licence and then getting ATP, Can I fly?
Old 28th Dec 2012, 08:23
Victo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting a Type Rating with a faa private licence and then getting ATP, Can I fly?

Hello,
I'm an european pilot with a jaa commercial licence. If I hold a faa private pilot licence with a multi engine and IR rating, can I get the type rating for a jet aircraft and then, some months later, get the ATP and use the type rating with the ATP licence? I do not hold the FAA commercial but nearly meet the requirements for the ATP, so I have to do some extra hours. But the guy who wants to employ me wants me to do the type rating next february because he had the course scheduled for another pilot who finally left. The thing is I still have to do some extra flight time on my present job to meet the atp standars, just 2 or 3 months, so the better for me would be to get the TR with the private licence and then "upgrade" to ATP, if this is possible. Otherwise, I will have to pay the flighttime prior to the type rating course, but if I could i would like much more to do it flying for my company, earning money instead of paying.
Thanks for your time.