PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Air France incident
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2012, 19:08
kungfu panda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem for me with the clear issues that Air France have is not cultural to the country at all, but is cultural to the airline. Everything I read to do with the fatal accidents which Air france have had indicate that they can not accept any responsibility, they always try to place the blame elsewhere i.e. with Airbus, or continental.

Although I am sure that a lot has been done within the company behind closed doors to address the problems, I struggle with the fact that these are major safety issues and the problems need to be dealt with transparently. Pilots need to be able to look at Air France as an example and be able to say this is what they have done to deal with the situation. Korean air can hold its head up high and say this is what we did to create a safe airline. From what I can see at the moment Air France can not.

Having said all that the IOSA report must have been acceptable enough that other Airlines are prepared to code share with Air France. So they must basically be following international standards. I'd prefer if everything was clear though.