PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Takeoff
Thread: CTC Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2012, 09:32
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not according to what I read the other week. They will accept external people soon who already have CPL/IR.

CTC stated to me that if I did my training with them through CTC Takeoff, CTC will pay for the selection fee (approx. £197) for the AQC/JOC course.

Even if you do you training with them, you have to go through this test and complete this course successfully to be placed into their holding pool.

I wasn't impressed when they mentioned the current lead time in the hold pool was typically 1-2 years, let alone the waiting period of 12 month before you can actually start a course with them, "but we do have excellent links with easyjet etc etc" ... both those statements from them cancelled each other out; making it sound great in one aspect, but not so great in the other, which again questions whether the extra money spent is value for money.

Also note the AQC course has just gone up from £7800 to £9360 (incl. accom), which I was informed about when I spoke to them.

There are people here, like me, who would think it's best to get into a holding pool than nothing and hope for the best.
Already these extra costs within CTC amount up to quite an extra sum that would pay off nearly half the funds towards a self-funded TR (which I don't intend to do).

There are positives and negatives with CTC as I see it currently, question is, whether it's really worth it.