PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loggable??
Thread: Loggable??
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2012, 08:56
Whopity

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Could you please let me know the source from where you get your quote?
The CAA Website.

OK so what if I am flying an N-reg aircraft (NO EASA airworthiness certificate (CofA or Permit) in any of the EASA-approved country
The question is would that aircraft qualify for the issue of an EASA C of A or Permit? If the answer is Yes, then it is an EASA aircraft.

The UK CAA has indicated that for example, hours flown in a UK Aircraft, non EASA i.e. Annex II aircraft, will be countable for revalidation purposes of a Class rating. There is no indication of this in the EASA documentation neither is there anything to say that hours in an aircraft registered in another state would be acceptable towards revalidation if it did not qualify as an EASA aircraft.

All hours are logable, so long as the details are clear then any administration will accept what it wants and ignore what it does not consider acceptable.

implies instructing for an EASA License/Rating but doesn't actually state it.
I think you need to look a little deeper on this one. FCL 900 specifically limits the privileges of an Instructor Certificate to the giving of instruction for licences issued in accordance with the EASA regulation. Therefore; one might assume that any instruction that does not fall within these privileges would not qualify. That of course opens up another bag of worms, as hours counted training for National licences would not qualify either. A National Authority could issue a difference in relation to their own aircraft.

Sadly, we have a collection of rules produced by incompetent rule makers, voted in by incompetent politicians and now administered by a bunch of equally incompetent administrators. All of this will attract contempt from the industry leading to a negative impact on safety.