PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Takeoff
Thread: CTC Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2012, 23:42
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like yourself have also been considering CTC Takeoff.

BUT.... you seem to be missing some crucial information (you don't mention it here):

To book CTC course, the waiting period is about 12 months currently, or longer (I spoke to them in August 2012 and the waiting time was 10 months THEN)

CTC is about £7000-£8000 more expensive for the CPL/ME/IR when you factor ALL the additional costs in, compared to other modular training places e.g. Flying Time at Shoreham.

Having completed the course, you get the option of being put into a "secondary" holding pool - AFTER passing selection and completing AQC/JOC course (current time in the pool is 12-18 months (in Aug.) ).
Integrated pilots are placed into the "main" holding pool for selection first, then once the "main" pool is empty are pilots then taken from the "secondary" pool.

This was research I obtained and was told directly by CTC staff.

In an ideal world CTC would be an option, but common sense is telling me that for my circumstances I make quite good savings doing it at Shoreham (locally), living in comfortable accom. with the girlfriend rather than a cheap student house/flat and using any additional sums on something else and with the "hope" of getting into an airline during that 12-24 months in the secondary holding pool.

OH.... don't forget you can still do your AQC/JOC with CTC after doing your training with another provider (after passing selection tests) and still end up in that holding pool.

Each to their own. Hope this helps if you didn't already know of this information and I wish you all the best with your CPL/IR and maybe hear you on the Airwaves.

Last edited by Cirrus_Clouds; 27th Dec 2012 at 09:52.