PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Takeoff
Thread: CTC Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2012, 15:52
taxistaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Thought I would "bump" this thread, and see what current thoughts were on the CTC Takeoff scheme now that it has had some time to bed in. Do people reckon it's worth the premium over traditional modular providers?

Are there any examples of people who have been through Takeoff and succesfully achieved employment with an airline or corporate operator as a low hours cadet?

My hour building is largely finished and I'm getting through my ATPL exams, so I'm weighing up options for CPL/IR training (probably to start this summer). I note the Takeoff MCPL/MEIR offering isn't that much more expensive than, say, Stapleford's CPL, MEP, MEIR course. It also offers more twin time as the entire course is done on the DA42.

If there is a genuine advantage to going with CTC, I would consider it. If, on the other hand, you're just paying for the name and end up in no better a position, I'll stick with one of the traditional modular providers.

The other consideration for me is that I work full time and would ideally like to avoid taking 3 months off work in order to train - although this is probably doable if absolutely necessary.

Grateful for peoples' thoughts!

Last edited by taxistaxing; 26th Dec 2012 at 15:58.