PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2012, 15:15
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has experience with the iPad and could give some feedback.
I've just ordered myself one as a Christmas treat to replace my old iPad as I quite like the idea of owning something more compact. Give me a week or so and I'll be happy to give you some feedback.

I have not bought one yet, but wondering if I should buy just the WIFI or the WIFI + Cellular??
Personal preference. If you're almost always near WiFi (e.g. WiFi at home, WiFi in hotels, WiFi at airports, WiFi in coffee shops) then you might not miss Cellular.

But you might like to have the cellular option just incase. Bear in mind though that it's likely you will need to have an active SIM card in there, because it might (not sure, especially not sure on the iPad mini) display nagging prompts if you try to run it with nothing in the SIM card slot.

Personally, I've only ordered the WiFi version, because I've already got an iPhone. So if I'm desperate for internet access somewhere that doesn't have wireless (or only has "untrusted" wireless), I'll just use my iPhone. But that's based on my preference and usage patterns... you might not want that sort of "hassle" and so might prefer getting Wifi+Cellular built-in on a single device.

Has anyone tried getting a signal from about 3000-6000feet?
Do a search of this forum. Legal/Company policies aside, the topic has been covered before here.

I want to use Skydemon on my iPad Mini and wondering if there is feedback on that flight planner with use on the iPad?
Maybe try the private flying forum on PPRune ? Seems to be quite a bit of praise around for it, see here for example.

Last edited by mixture; 26th Dec 2012 at 15:37.