PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC Question..?
Thread: AOC Question..?
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2012, 00:15
JanetFlight

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question AOC Question..?

Hi all...Tonite i'm writing here a question that maybe some could consider it a lil bit stupid, however i've discussed it already with other aviation fellows, and maybe it could have some sense in it, and not so meaningless as some could think.

Ok, lets go straight to it, using invented examples/names/facts:

The normal and usual procedure »»» We have an operator/company named ABC Wings that started their tasks and flights as private under NO AOC. After some months, weeks, years, etc, they goes to the CAA of its country and apply for an Air Operator Certificate, leaving the private issues, and now applying for the commercial transport.
Ok, they present all the docs, operations, manuals, etc, etc, passed the CAA audithories, success...bla, bla, bla...and few moons later ABC Wings are flying under an AOC. Period.

And now the situation that brings me here...the reverse/opposite of the situation before...can does it can happen?
I explain it better:
Imagine we have an Operator/Airline named XYZ Aviation already flying under an AOC, so, an AOC Holder for public transport/commercial operations.
On a sunny morning, the CEO and Big Boss, after spending the entire night doing some calculations, writing future company policies, bla, bla, bla, he comes to the conclusion that he wants to change/revert the philosophy of his Company, and wants to turn it to Private/General operations, under "NO AOC", but mantaining the same name/brand as XYZ Aviation.

Is This Possible?
Is it Allowed?
Could an operator already flying under an AOC, aplly for a change and restart as a non-AOC holder ops, as fully private, under the same name as used on the AOC period?
Or at least he must change the name of the company?
Did it already happen in the past, any examples?
Or is this question totally senseless and it never could happen?
Etc, etc...

Many tanx for your kind attention...Kindly waiting for your opinions...JF

Last edited by JanetFlight; 26th Dec 2012 at 01:38.