PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FILTON CLOSING......CLOSED!
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2012, 21:24
Bristol1965

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace:

Bit like stabbing and mortally wounding someone and offering them an aspirin to help with the pain as they die.

I couldn't agree with you any more and I don't think I could put it more accurately.

It is a disgrace what BAe have done to Bristol. A land that was paid for by tax payers which they inherited it for £1 (to make a transaction legal, they deny this)! Now they have apparently been offered £120 million for it.

That part of Bristol, is already congested, and they are going to build about 3500 houses, turning an already traffic congested area into a major traffic disaster.

For those of you who may be interested in knowing how short term gains was chosen over long term benefits, here how it was:

1) Bristol City Council had financial interest in southern parts of Lulsgate ground which is now used as carpark generating £1000s per day. Filton was private and any contributions would have gone to South Gloucestershire council.

2) South Gloucestershire council is purely interested in the income from rates, a few more millions easy money, they couldn't dream of this. What they don't seem to care, is turning an area into the biggest rough ground in the UK. Just as the council in Bristol has done in Southmead and Easton... (No dis-respect to anyone from these areas).

I just hope that, one day the law of the land in the UK, allows for prosecution of those ... planners and councillors who caused the downfall of Bristol.

I guess Bristol is now the only major City in UK that hasn't got a decent airfield nor a decent Flight training facility.