PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin DR400-160 checklist?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2012, 12:24
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a great believer of using a flow in a light aircraft. However, stick with what you are happy and familiar with. For goodness sake, use a Robin checklist for a Robin!
Agree on both counts. However, this does bring us back to the old question what a checklist is for and how/when it should be used.

The OP wrote: "I think there is one in the aircraft but not as detailed as im used to with the cessnas!" suggesting that he is using the checklist as a very extensive to-do list. I'm not going to pass a moral judgement on that, other than if that's the way you're used to (and happy with), you indeed need a DR400-160 specific checklist which can be used as an extensive to-do list too.

If you're in the other camp, which uses a checklist as a short after-action check list, or uses a flow to do/check things and no paper checklist, your requirements are different. You should be able to fit the twists that I wrote about in your "generic" checklist or apply them in your flow without a need to use something different.