PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not respecting SOPs
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2012, 09:50
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A&C, no point commenting on your example as it's irrelevant. Your take on my posts is up to you. The purpose of this thread is to shed some light on different angles. I just gave you a glimpse into what an examiner will do during the check. Mind you that a TRE has got a evaluation sheet for each and every phase, detailed and laid out as per SOP. TRE is obliged to tick off mandatory boxes starting from preparation till shut down during OPC. OPC is all about SOPs, as you well know. During the debrief TRE will ask you why you failed to do this or that to determine the cause of failure. If you say, sorry I forgot or didn't know it's still a failed item but not a violation. If you say, listen troll your SOPs are rubbish, well then you've willfully violated SOPs thus rendering the entire check as failed. The choice is always yours. This is just a flow of actions for a check. Attitude determines altitude. Yours will put you far below MSL.

When it comes to the regular line operation, without a TRE breathing into neck, it's folks like c2 we rely on.

Last edited by 9.G; 24th Dec 2012 at 10:02.