PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Air France incident
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 14:59
Rwy in Sight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZBMAN,

Having lived in both Belgium and the UK there is a remarkable difference in the mentality of higher education professional for instance. In Belgium a student takes a lot of pressure for petty issues like poor language skills on a marketing report - without mentioning the instructors had an "I am God" syndrome, and that at a national diploma level. In the contrary in the UK professors are far more approachable, if one can say so, and they tolerate arguments poor language skills if the student's idea are correct.

I was also told by a UK professor that some national mentalities believe they are have the best competence in the world and they need no coaching. Hence the comment was generated by my experience in the French education system so hardly a racism rather a justified opinion. And please note that I do speak French fluently, I do enjoy my time in France and spending time with its nationals.

I would be glad to read your definition of racism and how my comments and others to this and the others AF threads relate to it!

Last edited by Rwy in Sight; 23rd Dec 2012 at 15:05.