PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 23:30
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just the way things worked in the '70s I suspect
And this is how it worked in 2010 ...

2010 procès Concorde
Question (Me Rappaport - avocat)
A quel moment a été envisagé le risque incendie à la suite d’un éclatement de pneu ?
Answer (Mr Arslanian - directeur BEA)
A l’étude des évènements, nous n’avons pas relevé de risque incendie

Note confidentielle de Mr Guillevic (BEA) 1979
Quelque soient les résultats des investigations en cour,l'incident de Washington et les incidents antérieurs mettent en lumière la gravité des conséquences possibles d'un éclatement de pneu:
risque d'incendie par écoulement hydraulique ou de carburant sur des éléments du train surchauffés ou en combustion ,avarie grave de moteur,impossibilité de relevage du train d'atterrissage et limitation des possibilités de freinage et évidement combinaison de deux ou plusieurs de ces effet possibles

2010 Concorde trial
Question (Me Rappaport-lawyer)
At what time was considered the fire risk following a burst tire?
Answer (Mr Arslanian BEA director)
After study of the events , we found no fire risk

Confidential note Mr Guillevic (BEA) 1979
Whatever the results of the investigation in progess, the Washington incident and previous incidents highlight the seriousness of the possible consequences of a burst tire:
fire hazard from hydraulic flow or fuel elements of the gear overheated or burning, severe damage to the engine, the impossibility of lifting gear and limiting the braking ability , combination of two or more of these possible effect

Last edited by jcjeant; 22nd Dec 2012 at 23:36.