PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR arrival separations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 18:12
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FPOBN,

I'm still struggling to take on board your point. Either that or you seem to have many and I'm confused by them all.

The original question was about LHR arrival separations, and you then talk about what the FAA apply in the USA.

You have now highlighted the fact LHR seems to have the most wake encounter reports..that may be related to the fact that LHR has more pairs at wake turbulence separation distances than any other airport in the UK, and you have included departure reports, when we are discussing arrivals.

Also, I would point out that a wake encounter itself is not in and of itself a safety incident.

Nor is wake turbulence separation intended to negate vortex encounters, it is merely intended to reduce the frequency of severe wake encounter to an acceptably low level of risk.

You mention the phrase 'minimum separation distance' which I've never seen as a defined phrase in nearly fourteen years in ATC.

Your last post is a piece of art which represents all the landings in one day at San Diego, under the title of 'LHR 2015'

What is the main point you're trying to get across?