PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - California Flight Schools with European rating training OR knowledge?
Old 20th Dec 2012, 10:52
GirlMeant2Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedBullGaveMeWings--That was already my most likely plan. However, it would be nice if the place I go to for my FAA licenses has decent knowledge of the European licenses/training, so that they can also inform me of information particular to my future European training--even if they don't do the European training for me themselves. Hence the short list of places I mentioned (those are the few I've found so far that either offer European training OR talk about European training knowledge), rather than a longer list of general area flight schools.

Another--I do NOT have any European citizenship, at the moment, unfortunately. I DID live in Germany for 2.5 years (I just returned to the US in April 2012), and I would love to try to get citizenship somehow, but I am pretty sure it isn't possible until after I've lived in Europe longer (I will still check if there is any option, with the local German consulate, but I'm not getting my hopes up!). My reason for wanting to do the European training as well is because 1)it gives me more job options, and 2)I have always loved Europe and I am determined to live there long-term in the future. I'm not anti-US, I just know that I would much rather live in Europe (for many reasons). It's something I've wanted to do for many years (hence having lived there previously--I returned only because my residence permit couldn't be renewed at the moment (issues with the job I had at the time), and because I wanted to finally finish my flight training (and more easily/cheaper than it would be in Europe)!). And, knowing that the European training takes so much time and effort to complete, given the Ground School hour requirements and extensive testing, I know it is best for me to start all of that ASAP, as well as plan it all out in advance so I know exactly what to do, when to do it, how to do it, etc.

And as I briefly mentioned in my post, as well--I also additionally ask about flight schools with connection to the European training because a European friend of mine is also currently trying to figure out his training options (Europe vs. USA & Florida vs. California), and he would also prefer California rather than Florida, if he can find somewhere that he has enough reason to pick over his most likely Florida option (EFT). He is from Spain, he has his European PPL already, he also has ALL of the European Ground School and testing done (through ATP), and just today he completed a month of some major time building in the US (he now has over 100 hours--probably closer to 150. I haven't heard the final totals yet!). He isn't really concerned with getting FAA licenses, but he wouldn't object to getting them in the process of his training if the costs aren't much different than EFT training would be.

Plus, I know at least one or two other Europeans that have considered US flight training, that would be interested in any information I find out, too. ;-)