PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair authority problems
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 11:15
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airplane panic attack - YouTube

So, Ryanair (the "hysterical woman" here ) . . . . 1st in the Q was France, followed by Italy, with Spain hot on their heels. Germany got their towel down a little late . . . . . and a few more lining up.

You can't say "**** You" to the whole world for 10 years without it coming back to bite you one day.

I would say their "Head of Communications" has timed his resignation pretty well.

Ryanair’s Michael O’Leary said:

“I would like to thank Stephen for the fantastic job he’s done for Ryanair over the last 4 years. As a company that spends little on advertising, we rely on our Communications Department to generate loads of free PR, as well as responding to the never ending series of absurd claims and fanciful stories that surface on a daily basis. Working in the calm waters of Irish rugby should prove a piece of cake after 4 years in Ryanair. We wish Stephen every success as he joins the IRFU, and hope that they will be as successful over the next 4 years, as Stephen and Ryanair has been over the last 4.

“In the meantime we look forward to recruiting another brave soul to take on the “worst job in Irish PR” and look forward to grooming the next candidate to take over the high profile and incredibly overpaid position as Ryanair’s Head of Communications.”

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:

“I am sorry to be leaving Ryanair after 4 incredible years but I am looking forward to joining a great team at the IRFU. This is one of the fastest moving companies in Ireland, and I have enjoyed promoting Ryanair and dealing with the media across 22 different EU countries, as well as putting out fires, usually late on a Friday afternoon, when some crazy claim appears about Ryanair’s continuing 28 year success, our incredible safety record and our unbending commitment to offering the lowest fares to consumers in every market in which we operate.”

Oh BTW, NAS (and no doubt many many others,) also use this Variable MTOW sytem, via the EFB, the main difference from RYR being that we are entrusted to operate a Screwdriver

Last edited by captplaystation; 19th Dec 2012 at 11:18.