PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I complain about ATC
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2012, 08:16
DC10RealMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heath Row.

This happened to me once a few years ago flying in Class G airspace, VFR and I "received a blast" from the local RAF unit even though I knew I was completely in the right (legally, morally, airmanshipwise, safetywise).

I called the unit the following day and asked to speak to the SATCO and explained who I was, what the issue was, and why I was phoning and finished by saying that I was about to write to SRG at the CAA about it as I felt it was a safety issue.

The SATCO admitted it was he who had given me the blast and that the reason for doing so was to "discourage" GA flyers from flying near their airfield as they had recently started to fly a new type of aeroplane and to be fair he apologized, so "nuff said" and I ripped up my letter to the CAA.

My point is that I have always felt a telephone call to the unit with a "threat" of taking it further is enough, particularly as such an intimidating manner is not conductive to flight safety especially with new and student pilots who may have been listening in to your transmissions.