PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar's Al Baker 'very disappointed' after latest 787 grounded by electrical issue
Old 17th Dec 2012, 02:24
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Kijangnim
After all this is a rumour network and heavily based on opinions and not purely facts.

@chainsaw
One of the oldest counterargument is the: “…. but the others did it too …. “, mainly discovered at the age of 3 and dumped at adolescence by the more educated and balanced.

I work in the ME and I am quite aware of the “it’s our country, we can do whatever we want and if you don’t like it then leave” mentality. It’s prevalent in all airlines around here.

What bugs me with the particular specimen is that his achievements are quite admittedly based on heavy subsidies, not purely his merit. Furthermore he denies his subjects rights, like extramarital dating, that he almost just as openly reserves for himself.
At the same time he very loudly and in an annoying show-off way brags about everything of his airline and criticises everyone not providing him instantly and obediently what he wants.
This is not only in big contrast to the other CEO you took as comparison, but it’s a big and arrogant slap in the face of all people and companies that work for him.

If you don’t see it that way, be it, but I do.
If we complain, why not start with the worst.