PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helitrans (Norway) AS-350 missing off coast of Germany
Old 16th Dec 2012, 08:11
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give the guy a break......

...... when Black Max began to contribute his critique on composite structures I don't recall a backlash against his obvious technical experience in that area. We all, after all, have a duty to contribute to the pool of knowledge and experience on any subject that relates to an accident.

Having just read the thread for the first time in detail I find Shawn's contribution balanced and informative insofar as he is sharing his experiences with the rest of us. I don't see Shawn stating that he has identified the cause of the accident, merely pointing up something that might be missed unless the investigation goes into some detail. The S76 accident in the Baltic some years back turned out to be a hydraulic issue and that has a dual hydraulic system. I believe it took some good detective work to establish the cause of that problem.

The thread also contains the experiences of others which is why this forum is so valuable. I suggest a little less emotion (difficult for those who are emotionally involved with the crew and pax I know) and more information and opinion will add to our overall understanding.

G.