PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The downfall of SAS
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2012, 21:31
RYR-738-JOCKEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where shall I start? I refrained from commenting during SAS' last financial somersault where they managed to postpone a bankruptcy. Fabulous effort by the management. So they don't go bust...for now. Two weeks later they post a loss of 120 million Euro and warn the market of a bad 1st quarter 13' but include the savings they've made from exhausting their employees into the total 2013 budget.
Now, the danish cabincrew union should all be fired. They are the extremes in this farse. Had they only understood that being responsible for safety on board an aircraft, boils down to mainly serving tea and coffee. Simply because aviation is after all fairly safe.
Keeping a group of pilots and cabincrew who on average are 47 years old is beyond my understanding. They are smart, they know the business and therefore demand more from the management.
I have heard of several pilots going back during the last year. For pension. Uh...right, what on earth will be left for pension 20 years from now. Guys, this outfit is going tits up. The sooner you acknowledge that, the sooner we can move on. And suck up the leftovers. Looking forward to the responses from the "blind" pilots in SAS.
My last words for now: Lets all do a review of this thread in Jan 2014. I can guarantee that SAS will hit rock bottom. It will either go bankrupt or be sold...cheap. I feel sorry for everyone in SAS, but even more so for the ones that still believe they're on the ball and doesn't anticipate the repurcussions of being laid off. Some of the pilots have always been "winners" and therefore refuse to accept defeat. I have never been pro-Ryanair and I do not advocate a similar model. A collective voice of the workers is vital against the voice of the management. But, 39 different unions with different agendas is quite frankly ridiculous.

Last edited by RYR-738-JOCKEY; 14th Dec 2012 at 21:33.