PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part FCL Course Completion Certificate
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2012, 16:57
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, the same UK CAA whose flight crew licensing dept I called up over month ago.
I asked simple thing about the foreign licence use on G-reg for PPL privileges outside CAS day VFR, as per Article 26 and 62(4). Lady on the phone had no clue and told me to email my enquiry/clarification request to the [email protected] address. I had it in my gmail account as that's the one I swapped few emails (PROMPT!!) about the payment for RT issue etc.
Yet it's been more than a month since I sent this ANO Article 26 clarification email. My case isn't simple and wanted to make sure I had written statement to ensure I'd fly legally.

I know my case isn't relevant to the topic, so won't go into details. Just a rant. Good that I plan not to have any more flight training or licenses done in the UK. I swapped emails about specifics with Heads of PLD/FCL depts in two other countries, or their staff. NEVER had I had to wait more than few days, or when I called, I actually talked to someone who KNOWS the regs, rather than coffee-making paper pushers.

Last edited by MartinCh; 14th Dec 2012 at 17:01.