PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FDR and CVR Readings
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 21:26
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BOAC;
Re, "Why would anyone want to 'listen to the CVR in the cockpit'? "

Well, precisely. It's probably me so perhaps the poster will forgive me but I take this stuff with deadly seriousness and the poster made it sound as though wanting to listen to the CVR were a recreational activity, or that pulling the recorders (for testing/validation?) was a pain and he wanted a quicker way to examine them, (and I know a few ways), so I'm curious as well and standing by.

AVEnthusiast, I'm not being unkind here but you've gotta be open and honest with people regarding intents and tell them exactly what you're looking for.

I hope I've answered your questions, but you aren't going to find any software or any hardware that is going to replay these recordings...not, at least, for less than a few hundred thousand US for the cheapest system, plus you must be a viable operation in which the licensed-not-owned-legally-protected software will be used - as I said, this stuff is proprietary and heavily guarded.

Are you an AME, a pilot, someone curious about the flight data and voice recording process and wanting to learn or...?

best,

PJ2

Last edited by PJ2; 13th Dec 2012 at 21:29.