PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2012, 21:46
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Brendan,

You will find the answers to all of your questions, and many that you have not yet asked in the contents of this thread. I would suggest reading through the entire thing as soon as possible; I've found it a great source of information and invaluable in terms of preparation for the recruiting process.
Also in terms of what to expect and what the ADF are looking for, the "Wings" book is also a good preparation tool if you can afford the $40 to buy it: Get Your Wings

Originally Posted by Rogan82
DEO have the rank of OFFCDT until finishing Pilots course. Then if you have a Degree you will be given the rank of FLGOFF, if you do not you will be a PLTOFF.
For ADFA graduates they are given PLTOFF on completion from ADFA unless they are Btech Aero students, who remain an OFFCDT. They only do two years at ADFA, using pilots course as the final year of their degree. Upon successful completion of Pilots course all ADFA graduates assume FLGOFF.
Ah, this makes sense.. and would explain why there isn't an outstanding ROSO for DEO candidates who fail their employment training. I was assuming that the increase in pay having finished OTS was for a commission.

Last edited by Very Sneaky; 18th Jan 2013 at 10:47.