PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane of singer Jenni Rivera missing in Mexico
Old 12th Dec 2012, 19:47
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't figured much out...translations!!!!! But..one could say the plane fell or dived a total of 28,000 feet...starting at 35,000feet MSL and hitting the ground about 6,000' or 7000' MSL...total change 28,000 and starting at FL350.

I have an idea what happened...the 70 year old captain let the 20 year old copilot fly...and he wasn't well qualified...IT IS HARD to hand fly anything at altitude and it is EXTRA hard if you have not done it before...also,w ith lots of PAX the plane would have a CG closer to the rear and the plane is LESS stable than if nose heavy .

AT one time all you needed to be a copilot was a commercial,multi with NO type rating...just a few landings.

anyway, I can see the copilot bobbling around and causing a pilot induced loss of control.

I remember the first time I flew a Sabreliner (great plane)...autopilot INOP, We were at MAX altitude (FL 450_) and it was VERY demanding...but I settled down after a few minutes...it was the most important flying I ever did...it gave me the confidence to hand fly any transport at any approved altitude...and the discipline to move the controls only a tiny bit. It also gave me the wisdom in later years, when operating an airliner with out an operational autopilot, to select a lower cruising altitude to enhance stability.

SPEAKING of Sabreliners, the FIRST flight of the F86 Sabre Jet Fighter was 65 years ago...she is now able to receive Social Security!

oh...and everything bubbers wrote is right.