PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane of singer Jenni Rivera missing in Mexico
Old 10th Dec 2012, 20:21
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

anything in mexico...drugs?

anything that early in the morning...pilot fatigue/error?

anything that old...mx problems?

but my guess is that the instruments and electrical system may play a role here.

or, if it did get to 20,000 feet, forgeting or having pressurization problems and pilots pass out.

and yes, these are all gueses
I hate to sound like mean spirited person, but I have met quite a few experienced *corporate* pilots from Mexico that lacked basic instrument flying skills. Some of my flight school students that got corporate gigs later in Mex told me unbelievable stories of incompetence. That's when I recommended applying for their airlines from then on.

I wonder if this was a 135 charter (or equivalent). Could get interesting in court, now that we know that the carriage of persons was prohibited. Would be interesting to find out why this restriction/limitation was added.

Not saying that the crew was incompetent, but unfortunately there's that uncertainty.

What a waste of life.

PS Looking at the name of the Fed who signed this license I am pretty sure that he got this through the SAT FSDO.

Last edited by Squawk7777; 10th Dec 2012 at 20:28.