PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330/A340 EAD (AoA PROBES)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2012, 08:12
beardy

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Since most of the uncommanded A320/330/340 flight path excursions which have been reported seem to have involved incorrect sensor information being faithfully acted upon by Normal Law protection features, the minimum necessary action to countermand such spurious events before an extreme event is reached would perhaps be appropriate - so probably Immediate Alternate 1 ?]
The situation which raises greater concern is faulty AoA signalling, resulting in spurious pitch excursions. Under such circumstances it might be better to inhibit AoA protection by deliberate crew action, before the aircraft reaches an extreme attitude.
This represents a welcome change of tone from your mocking first post. However, it seems that you think that Airbus have not considered, risk assessed nor trialled what you propose. I do not know if they have or not, but I do know that their resources and knowledge and greater than mine or yours and that their investment, both in cash and reputation, is much more than yours or mine. Since I operate the aircraft, I have to trust them and their judgement. This does not stop me questioning, but each time I have questioned Airbus there has been a satisfactory response. If your are an operator or client they are quite willing to help, perhaps that would be a more suitable channel for your scepticism and offers of suggestions.

Last edited by beardy; 10th Dec 2012 at 08:12.