View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 09:23
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe, now the UK CAA would really like to become involved because I would
like to know whats going to happen if I certify an aircraft in the near future,
it has an incident and which court I should be attending.(I may need to book
leave from work)
Of course they should; they should have been right alongside Alan from the very start, as the issuer of his licence. They should have paid whatever it takes for lawyers to protect the integrity of the licences they issue. They should have involved the relevant Minister, even the Prime Minister, to make forceful representations to whatever passes for a Government in that God-forsaken country.

They did not do that, to no-one's surprise. And so the integrity (validity, even) of their licences, as well as of all EASA licences, in now in question. And a UK citizen is locked up in the hell-hole of incompetence and corruption that is Greece in 2012, because a Greek "judge" has zero understanding both of the law and the facts of the case. How much did she pay to get that job, I wonder?

Will the CAA do anything remotely constructive and effective? No, of course they won't; too busy with the tea, pension plan and leaving to become a "consultant", even if they had the competence to understand properly what has happened, which it seems they do not.