PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 1st Dec 2012, 20:05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Lyman

'A technological marvel, or a work of timeless and artistic sculpture?'

Well, obviously the tech side could be vastly improved these days in Concorde II.

But as for the shape, she isn't just a work of timeless and artistic sculpture; she is timeless because the laws of physics don't change. She is the perfect example of form following function, or maths in action, if you will. She is the shape that she is because the laws of physics dictate that shape. Whoever said mathmatics isn't beautiful?!

Concorde II would be more or less that shape (I hope), but with lots of twitchy little control surfaces responding in the blink of an eye to circumstances, and you would feel as if you were in a living, breathing animal!

As for AF, well, I wasn't going to mention that!

@Shaggy
'......and for the fleet to go into retirement with his airline logo on the side rather than BA's.'

Hadn't thought of that. Obviously he had. Glad it didn't happen. If she was going to be retired, at least it should be with the logo of the people who actually looked after her.

@Beagle
I have the honour to deal professionally on a weekly basis with a scientist who had the ear of Mrs T when she was still PM. The scientist made proposals, got a severe grilling from Mrs T (herself a scientist, remember), and when she decided this was good stuff she gave lots of money to the project. And then she was ousted, and all the money vanished.

Yup, politics instead of sense. Mrs T would indeed have given them a handbagging. I'm sure a lot of us would have held her coat.

Last edited by UPP; 1st Dec 2012 at 20:15. Reason: Adding a comment