PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gabosa Engineering
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2012, 10:11
ramled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gabosa Engineering

This is definitely a scam, their website is also fake! Received 2 calls on my cell from Nigeria on Saturday morning. I called the number back a few hours ago. Mr. Wilfred Igho acted very sketchy, I read over the email several times and noticed the paragraph stating that they wanted me "to set up an offshore account". Supposedly they would deposit 75% of my salary into that and pay 25% locally. They also wanted me to get in touch with Sky Travel and Tours and pay them for my visas etc.

I sent an email to [email protected] to verify the job offer. I received a response in broken english verifying that the job was valid. They referred me back to Sky travel and Tours to begin my visa process.

When I finally realized it was a scam, I called "Mr. Igho" back to mess with him. I informed him that I was not current on the aircraft and would need to get recurrent before I came over for "the job". mr. igho said "oh training, no problem...we will train you..." I asked him where he would be sending me to recurrent...he started mumbling...south africa or australia and so on. Then I told him that I was impressed that he was going to send me to australia from the U.S. for training. esp. since there is no training facility for my type of aircraft there. I could hardly hear him for the sound of his kids screaming in the background. I didn't know that HR managers usually brought their kids to the office on a monday morning.

Mr. Igho finally got frustrated at all my questions and hung up on me. I guess he was mad because he's not getting any money from me.