PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 380 engine fire, returns to Sydney
Old 21st Nov 2012, 01:58
borescope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile The silence is deafening !!

I have been outta my game ( look at the Login name ) for 5 of the last six years but I have been an Avid PPrune watcher - - - - -, Thats why I guess I am back in the game for a little while longer !
I read the A380 Trent 900 Qantas reports and saved every detail . - - re-read it a couple of times too .
My wife bought me the Book that the pilot wrote ( De Crespigny ,QF32 )- - - then I met the guy last week at a Conference and had a chat with him - - , I think he will never forget the events and I now think he is a Lucky Hero !.

But what gets me slightly puzzled about this series of events Emirates ( A6-EDA GP7270 ) are the words " Uncontained Failure " and the total silence on real detail since 17/11/12 - - -.

Any more details ? - - a bland "time on wing" and approximate problem from the Aviation Herald and really nuthin else ?? - - What about the Analysis - - , the why's and whats ??

I am almost prepared to believe that there is a bit of a conspiracy of silence - - - .
De Crespigny ( The QF pilot ) is doing a good job of restoring Rollers reputation - - but If I worked for Rolls I would think that the jolly old Pprune guys who can winkle anything out had some Slight preferences in engines that they write about ?

Maybe Ive not been reading Pprune enuff - - - and plain missed a bit - - -, feel free to correct .