PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrassment of a "VIP" passenger
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2012, 10:31
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P6
I would have thought it would be easy enough to stop this, merely by having a word with the senior cabin crew member when boarding - is my view too simplistic or unrealistic?
Yes and No. If you are famous or well known and pay good money to travel First/Upper/Business - you still expect to be treated with the same respect that every other passenger is treated, no more and no less. You do not expect to be pestered by anybody, let alone by bloody cabin crew who should know better. If your passenger offers their autograph or something similar, well that's different.

My experience to date is that only one "celebrity" has been so over the top - he was wearing a golden sequin jacket with a large union flag, also in sequins, on the rear and was happily and freely chatting with everyone around him, that you could be forgiven for approaching him in a familiar manner.

So if Mr Beckham and his family would like to fly with another airline, that will suit me fine. We will treat him and everybody else who pays our wages with respect.

PM